public transmission from General
BattleCorps invites you to participate in a painting competition that will test your grit and imagination.
To see the full HTML version and to ask questions go cut and paste the following URLs.
Otherwise read on!
THE GOAL: Create a diorama based on a specific conflict from the annals of the Battletech Universe.
THE REWARD: Unending Glory!
First Prize: A BattleShop Coupon for $44.95, equal to six months worth of BattleCorps subscription!
Second Prize: A BattleShop Coupon for $26.95, equal to three months worth of BattleCorps subscription!
Third Prize: A BattleShop Coupon for $9.95, equal to one month worth of BattleCorps subscription!
In addition the top three winning entries will be featured in a special article on the front page of the CSO Website, and entries will be showcased on a thread both on BattleCorps.com and within the miniatures forum on BG.BattleTech.com.
You don't have to have had any previous experience in creating dioramas or of painting! The competition is open to all skill levels. All we ask is that your show us your imagination, and ingenuity in creating a snap shot scene from the BattleTech universe.
1. The diorama must be your original work, created for this specific contest and cannot have been featured anywhere else.
2. The diorama must contain at least one BattleMech or OmniMech model, but may contain infantry, battle armor and/or vehicles.
3. The scene must be one from published fiction on BattleCorps or from the adventures of the Battle Corps Legion, as posted on the BattleCorps subscription site.
4. The diorama may not contain any unseen miniatures (Please see explanation at the end of this message). Modifications and conversions are welcome, but all parts thus used must be scratch-built or available from Iron Wind Metals (or Ral Partha Europe, where the part number matches that of a model found on the IWM website). No parts or minis from manufacturers other than these may be used.
5. The diorama must be photographed and the resulting entry may be no larger than 1200 pixels on a side. Each entry must be emailed to email@example.com by no later than Sunday 18th December 2011. You may provide up to three photos of your work and are encouraged to do so. Please also provide your name, your BattleCorps handle and ID number along with a caption describing what event is being depicted and from which source material it has been taken.
6. The contest is open to active BattleCorps subscribers only.
Your diorama will be judged by a panel of Camospecs Artists. The artists will be provided only the photos of your finished work and will assign a score to each of several categories.
a. Overall Impression: (up to 10 points)
b. Quality of Painting: (up to 15 points)
c. Quality of Photography: (up to 15 points)
d. Story Value: (up to 10 points)
The entry scoring the highest out of a possible 50 points will win the competition. The Judges’ decision is final and there will be no discussion regarding scoring.
The results will be revealed on Friday 30th December 2011.
So, what are you waiting for? Get out your brushes and paints, bits boxes, modelling putty and files, and be creative.
* * * *
AN EXPLANATION OF UNSEEN
Tech Readout 3025 (FASA #8603) and original Tech Readout 3050 (FASA #8614): Locust, Wasp, Stinger, Valkyrie, Ostscout, Phoenix Hawk, Griffin, Shadow Hawk, Scorpion (‘Mech), Wolverine, Ostroc, Ostsol, Rifleman, Crusader, Thunderbolt, Archer, Warhammer, Marauder, Goliath, BattleMaster, Marauder II, Stinger LAM, Wasp LAM, Phoenix Hawk LAM, and Galleon Light Tank
• The BattleDroids Behemoth
• The 3025-era Longbow. (not the 3058 version)
• From original AeroTech (© 1986): Samurai Aerospace Fighter
• From original Tech Readout 3055 (© 1992): Nexus, Raijin, Grand Crusader, Baboon, Locust IIC, Vixen, Jenner IIC, Peregrine, Griffin IIC, Shadow Hawk IIC, Hellhound, Goshawk, Galahad, Viper, Warhammer IIC, Phoenix Hawk IIC, Marauder IIC, Behemoth, Kraken.